Technical & Maintenance
When designing the technical specifications for Street Snooker, Playinnovation consulted several local authority park managers to ensure that the materials used would exceed maintenance and affordability expectations.
Vandalism can occur in any town, so we have carefully selected extremely durable materials to create products that are as maintenance-free as possible.
Have a question?
Below are some questions that we are frequently asked. If you have any further queries,
please do not hesitate to contact us.
Q: What material is the front facing panel made out of?
A: The front facing boards are made from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). It is a non-flammable material, used in a variety of external applications where wear and tear is to be expected. Learn more about HDPE
Q: Why use HDPE?
A: We have selected High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) for three main reasons:
- Anti-graffiti: its waxy surface enables easy removal of graffiti with a regular remover.
- Heat resistant: it's a flexible material that won't overheat in warm weather.
- Durability: HDPE is UV stable and extremely durable for external environments.
Q: I'm worried the scoreboard sliders will be broken off.
A: The sliders have been designed to be as strong as possible. A thick steel bolt runs through the sliding gap and anti-vandal nuts, which can only be removed using a hammer and screwdriver. In the unlikely event the sliders ever do need replacing, the cost is very minimal.
Q: What are the target disks made from? Do they rotate or flash?
A: The disks are made from 3mm thick aluminium with a Resibond centre. They are fixed flush to the gameboard for maximum strength and durability. Although we have designed an interactive version of the discs, our focus groups were unanimous in wanting them to be totally maintenance free. With this in mind, the current version does not include an interactive disc option. However if this is of interest to you, please do let us know.
Playinnovation Care Package
If you want peace of mind that your Street Snooker game will continue to function in perfect order for many years to come, we recommend you take out a Care Package which includes:
- Two visits in a twelve month period.
- Removal of all unwanted writing.
- Cleaning of all surfaces.
- Maintenance of any loose or missing fittings.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
All our products are designed and manufactured to meet European Safety requirements and conform to BS EN15312 and BS EN 1176.
- High density 100% recyclable HDPE panel system. 19mm thick x 3m high x 4.5m wide.
- HDPE is inspected according to American standard UL94 and has fire rating HB (slow burning).
- Aluminum disks - flush with game platform and with anti-tamper fixings.
- Heavy duty steel structure system: 3 vertical posts (100mm x 100mm x 5mm), vertical and horizontal bracers (60mm x 60mm). Universal framework options are provided for diverse installation scenarios.
- Side rebound panels: 2 Twin 88 sport rebound fence panels, galvanized and powder coated in green. 2.5m wide x 3 m high at 45 degree rebound angles (for new build options).
- Scoreboard - manufactured from 100% recyclable HDPE panel (19mm thick x 1m x 2m). Plastic sliders fixed from front to back of 19mm thick panel.
- 100% recyclable HDPE ground spot selector wheel, for external use.
Contact us with any questions or for further technical information